Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Risk Taker

Sometimes, I wear my overalls to work. Because they're comfortable, damn it. Societal  conventions be damned! But I still wear a sweater over top, because I fear society. So in practice, it doesn't look any different from me just wearing blue jeans, albeit the sweater looks a little bulkier. But then it has the clandestine thrill to it. Like secretly wearing women's underwear, but without needing the courage to question one's one sexuality and gender identity. The downside is that it's a real hassle to take off what needs to be taken off in order to go to the bathroom.

There isn't really a point to this story. It was just less work than my original idea, "what does it mean to be a superhero fanwhen superheroes represent a fascist, somewhat misogynist, imposssible ideal?".

Later Days.


No comments: