Thursday, July 1, 2010

Friday Quotations: the Black Hole and the White Wall

"The novel has always been defined by the adventure of lost characters who no longer know their name, what they are looking for, or what they are doing, amnesiacs, ataxics, catatonics." Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, "Year Zero: Faciality."

We're stuck with Deleuze and Guattari until I'm finished A Thousand Plateaus. It's been a week, and I'm 250 pages into the 600 page volume. So I guess what I'm saying is, get used to them.

TMI about PoC:
--I finally deleted both Mafia Wars and Farmville from my Facebook profile. I feel liberated and empty at the same time.
--Due to the aforementioned foot injury, my muscle build training has accelerated faster than my aerobic training. The result has some decidedly odd physical consequences. It looks like someone's taken my regular flabby chest and stenciled a six pack onto it. No sexy beach time yet, then.

No comments: