Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shave and a Haircut

My roommates and I have an ongoing disagreement concerning the refrigeration of maple syrup; I maintain that it is an unnecessary use of fridge space, whereas they feel that it is essential to the preservation of fine xylem sap. In both cases, I sense that the real spectre behind our choices is pure unadulterated ideology: we do it this way because our parents did, and warrant the matter unworthy of questioning. Well, today, I questioned it, and I'm afraid the internet ruled in their favor; syrup must be refrigerated, or it goes bad in a year or so. I have only one response to that: If it takes you a year to go through a bottle of syrup THEN YOU'RE DOING PANCAKES WRONG.

And now for something completely different.

I'm exactly the kind of guy who carries a comb up his sleeve, just in case. It's not for vanity, though. I find running finger down the teeth to be oddly soothing.

Later Days.

No comments: