Monday, July 23, 2012

PICK MY GAME, INTERNET

If you're someone who follows PC games, you are probably aware that Steam just held a big sale.  If you are not someone who follows PC games, you are probably wondering how hot air can sell anything.  Steam is the name of an online game distributor.  You sign up, pay them money, and they in turn provide you with the videogame you just paid for.  Their popularity and power is so broad these days that even mentioning a rumor of a Steam sale is enough to whip certain corners of the Internet into a slavering frenzy.

Myself included, I'm afraid.  I won't give a grand total (largely because I'm afraid to look), but I have spent far, far more money during the last week and a half on Steam sales than I meant to.  And it's put me in a bit of a quandary.  I recently finished both my playthrough of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and The Binding of Isaac.  (In your tear-soaked FACE, Isaac!).  I took my notes, I pontificated my theories (pontificated elsewhere; I can't give away all my secrets for free doncha know) and I'm now wondering what game to play next.  Since I'm an indecisive sort, and desperate (oh so very desperate) to get someone, anyone, to comment on my blog, I'll open it up to the general public. Here's the list of every game I have that I haven't played very much.  Vote on the one you think I should play next.  The list (and it's all PC games unless otherwise stated):

1893: A World's Fair Mystery
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Avadon: The Black Fortress
The Baconing
Bastion
Ben There, Dan That!
Beyond Good & Evil
Braid
Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
Cave Story +
Chantelise
Cthulhu Saves the World
Contact (DS)
Dear Esther
Deadly Premonitions (Xbox 360)
Depths of Peril
Dungeons of Dredmor
EDGE
Empire: Total War
Frozen Synapse
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Gemini Rue
 Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47
Inferno +
Lone Survivor
Medieval II: Total War
Metal Dead
Mount & Blade
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Napoleon: Total War
The Path
Portal
Psychonauts
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Saints Row the 3rd (Xbox 360)
Sea Will Claim Everything
Shivah
Silent Hill HD (Xbox 360)
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
STALKER: Clear Sky
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Secret of the Magic Crystal
Civilization III
Civilization IV
Civilization V
Star Ruler
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Unstoppable Gorg
Vanquish (Xbox 360)
Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Zeno Clash

It's a ridiculously long list, I know.  If you're unfamiliar with any title, you can ask, and I'll give a brief description (or you could just, you know, google it).  Or just pick the game with the best sounding title.  Either way.  Let me know what you think.

Later Days.